This information is from Title 37: 1-13.
The following people are hereby authorized to solemnize marriages or civil unions between such persons as may lawfully enter into the matrimonial relation or civil union; and every religious society, institution or organization in this State may join together in marriage or civil union such persons according to the rules and customs of the society, institution or organization:
- Chairman of any township committee or village president of this State
- County clerk and any mayor or the deputy mayor when authorized by the mayor
- Each judge of a federal district court
- Each judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Every minister of every religion
- The former County Court, County Juvenile, Domestic Relations Court or the County District Court
- Judge of a municipal court
- Judge of the Superior Court
- Judge of a tax court
- Judge or retired judge of the Superior Court or Tax Court
- Surrogate of any county
- United States magistrate
For more information call the Office of Vital Statistics at 908-820-4082.