Requests for inspection must be done in person at:
Elizabeth Fire Prevention Bureau
411 Irvington Avenue
Elizabeth NJ, 07208
The following is information that is needed when completing the application:
- Address Where the Inspection Is Needed
- Block and Lot Number
- Expected Closing Date
- Name of Responsible Party
- Telephone Number of Responsible Party
- Type of Dwelling
- All inspections must be cancelled within 24 hours prior to the inspection date and time.
- All transactions are non-refundable
- No inspection will be moved to a sooner date then what was requested.
- No inspection will occur past the closing date.
- If the premise does not comply with any and/or all of the requirements listed, it will not pass the inspection and the applicant will not receive a certificate of approval. The representative will have to reschedule and re-apply for a new inspection date and will be required to pay an additional fee.
- If for any reason the fire inspector has to return to a premise due to a missed appointment by the owner and/or representative or any other reason caused by the property representative, a new appointment must be scheduled and an additional fee will be charged.